Asbestos Removal Services
Call RGP at 405.701.0064 for any asbestos removal for your home or business. RGP offers asbestos inspections and we can refer you to certified contractors.
The discovery of asbestos on your property can be overwhelming. What do I do? How can I protect others? What does it take to remove asbestos safely? RGP does not perform asbestos removal; however, we can refer you to certified contractors in your area.
What is Asbestos?
Asbestos refers to the six unique substances that belong to the serpentine and amphibole mineral families. There are six primary types of asbestos:
- Chrysotile: Known as white asbestos, this is the most commonly used form of asbestos. It can be found in roofs, ceilings, walls and floors in businesses and homes.
- Amosite: Known as brown asbestos, this form of asbestos was used primarily in cement sheet, insulating board and pipe insulation.
- Crocidolite: This blue asbestos is known for its heat resistance and is most common in our countries such as Africa and Australia. It can be found in some spray-on coatings, pipe insulation and cement products.
- Tremolite: Though not used commercially, tremolite can be found in certain insulation products, paints, sealants and roofing materials. Tremolite can be white, green, gray and transparent.
- Anthophyllite: This gray-brown asbestos can be found in some older composite flooring materials.
- Actinolite: This form of asbestos was never used commercially but can be found as a contaminant in some asbestos products.
The prolonged inhalation of asbestos fibers can cause serious illness, including malignant lung cancer, “mesothelioma (formerly a rare cancer strongly associated with exposure to amphibole asbestos), and asbestosis, a type of pneumoconiosis.” Long exposure to high concentrations of asbestos fibers will cause health problems.
What Can You Expect From RGP on Asbestos Removal Projects?
While RGP does not perform asbestos removal, we will refer you to our qualified affiliate contractor who specializes in asbestos removal.
With a licensed insurance adjuster on staff, RGP can help you understand your claim and communicate with your insurance company.
Asbestos removal is hazardous so please don’t try to do it yourself. Call the experts at 405.701.0064 or 918.671.5915.
Click Here To Learn More About Our Bio-hazards and Crime Scene Cleanup